Ten things we will not miss about London:

1) Chavs.... basically everything about the tracksuit wearing, Staffordshire bull terrier walking, loud cursing, innit/is it hooded Iceland shoppers makes me cringe. Since when should we be afraid of 13 year old girls?
2) Leaving out words in sentences, I will email it to you...not, I will email it you. I’m going to the bank, not, I am going bank. For the creators of the language that I call my first, I would think that they would least want to mess with it.
3) Cost of housing. For what we paid each month for our modest flat we could be living in a castle in some parts of the world.
4) Lack of recycling. You live on an island....you will eventually run out of room.
5) Customer service, or should I say the lack thereof. I know you don’t get tipped as a bartender, but maybe that’s because you sit behind the bar slicing lemons for 15 min before asking what we want and then take 15 minutes to make a g and t, while stopping midway through to chat to your mate about last night’s conquests.
6) Pushy people on the tube...we are all in a hurry to get somewhere, a simple excuse me or thank you would be really appreciated.
7) Grocery stores closing early on Sundays. There is nothing worse than coming home after a city break on Sunday afternoon to realize you have no juice and milk but your local store has been shut since 5.
8) Good, cheap sushi. In a pinch Itsu’s duck hoisin roll will fill the hunger void, but the premade ‘sushi’ is a long stretch from being authentic. And don’t get me started on Nobu’s mediocre, yet shockingly expensive negitoro, sake, and bluefin maki. 9) Drinking. This one is on behalf of my liver. Almost every day there is a reason to drink (football, roast, sun, Tuesday etc), and while we thoroughly enjoyed it (and made the most of it), our livers will be glad for the break.
10) Being called American. Yes I know we sound similar...but for once can someone just guess Canada first?
10) Being called American. Yes I know we sound similar...but for once can someone just guess Canada first?

No comments:
Post a Comment